Dance Association News and Information Last Updated 4/25/15
The schedule and other information is posted for the " Show Me Showdown", The Third event of the 2015 season which will be May 22 - 24. They will be using on line Registration. For more information contact Jim Criger - Event Director. Jim is looking forward to another great event for the 2015 and would very much like for you to be a part of us. The “American Country Dance Association” goal is to be as fair, fun, and affordable as possible.
They will be offering Competition in All ACDA Divisions. Couples, Pro/Am, Pro/Pro and Line Dance. Will also have Swing, Hustle and Sala competition as well.
PLEASE NOTE: Country and Western Registration Closes Wednesday May 20th at 5 pm.
Current Show-Me Competitor List
What is New for 2015:
1. Boots and Hats are now optional during the dance year, in All Newcomer divisions (Pro-Am, couples, line dance, etc)
Boots and Hats are mandatory and required for the National Championships in November
2. Bare Midriff exposure is limited to dancers competing in Division II/Intermediate and higher (Pro-am and couples)
3. Random music will be selected for Couples competition (Novice and above)
IV/Newcomer music will be previewed in advance
4. All couples music changes from 2 minutes to 1 ½ minutes
5. The BPM ranges have been standardized in all dances
6. Pre-Newcomer music changed from 45 seconds to 60 seconds
7. Added a Bronze Age level (40+) to Newcomer (Couples)
8. Competitors are now eligible to enter all divisions that you are qualified to compete in!
9. Royal SuperStars was changed to a classic format (flights, show dance, etc)
10. New line dances for 2015, will be added soon! Check website!
Clarification: No crossover allowed between SuperStars and Royal SuperStars
Cut off times for registration for our "country competitions" entries will Still be at 5 p.m. the Wednesday before the event, swing registrations will be accepted after this date.
Judge license process description and application Click Here.
2015 ACDA Event Schedule
Make plans to attend all the ACDA events now! Details are under the
ACDA Events link.
Through the National FastDance Association, this multi-day event is licensed by:
The ACDA Board Of Directors are pleased to announce that we have partnered again with CountryDanceDirector.com for online registration services. This is a 5 year contract for ACDA events from 2014 - 2018! Through CountryDanceDirector, you will be able to register online for weekend passes, all of your dance competition selections, and even purchase workshop videos. What if you need to return later to add another weekend pass or change your dance partner? You can easily do that and much more! Click on the CountryDanceDirector link to learn more:
For copies of pictures from ACDA events please visit Action Photos. All photos can be viewed from each ACDA event that Action Photos attended.
The ACDA Line Dance Step Sheets for 2014 are posted. Please
contact Karen Hedges for questions on the Step Sheets.